I've been looking for a great deep fryer recipe since I got my Dual Deep Fryer from Heartland and I came across this Monte Crisco Sandwich recipe, it looks amazing!
Bennigan`s Monte Cristo
Serves/Makes: 6 | Difficulty Level: 3 | Ready In: < 30 minutes
6 slices cooked turkey
6 slices Swiss cheese
6 slices cooked ham
6 slices American cheese
18 slices wheat bread
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup water
1 large egg --beaten
Oil --for deep frying
Red raspberry jelly
Assemble sandwiches: Bread, turkey, Swiss cheese, bread, ham, American cheese, bread; cut in half diagonally.
Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together to blend well. Add water to the egg and add to the flour mixture mixing well. Dip each sandwich half into the batter and deep-fry (oil must cover the sandwich) in oil pre-heated to 360 degrees until golden brown.
Remove from oil to paper towels. Sprinkle with the powdered sugar. Serve with warm or room temperature jelly, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of http://whenthedinnerbellrings.blogspot.com
And since I got my Ice Maker I've been dying to find the perfect Super Bowl drink for all my guests. In honor of Peyton...
- 1 part dry vermouth
- 1 part Bourbon whiskey
- Add ice cubes in a mixer glass
- Pour the spirits into the glass
- Stir together
- Strain into a cocktail glass
And in honor of my Seahawks fans.
12th Man Margarita
Cuervo Gold tequila
3/4 ounce Blue Curacao
Sweet and Sour
Two lime halves
Recipe courtesy of seattletimes.com
Of course we'll need more food so I plan on testing out my Mini Burger Grill and making these Super Bowl Sliders.
- 2 packages (about 12 per package) Hawaiian dinner rolls or whole wheat hamburger buns, 2 pounds chuck roast (have your butcher grind it fresh)Kosher salt cracked pepper 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese cut into quarters, at room temperature, ketchup, squeezed right from bottle, bread-and-butter pickles.
- With a 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut slider-size buns out of the dinner rolls. If the buns are too thick (they will be if you are using Hawaiian dinner rolls), just press down to flatten them before using the biscuit cutter. They will bounce back just a little, leaving you with the perfect buns.
- Shape the sliders by rolling a golf ball size meatballs between your palms, then pressing them into 2-inch-wide patties 3/4 inch thick. You should have enough beef to make 16 to 18 miniburgers, maybe more.
- Sprinkle both sides of the sliders with kosher salt and pepper.
- Grill for 1 1/2 minutes on each side, then flip over once more and add a slice of cheese on top of each burger. Grill for 1 minute, until the cheese has melted (if you have a large enough lid, cover the burgers, as this will help the cheese melt quicker).
- Transfer onto buns and serve.
- Recipe courtesy of thechew.com
Creamy Sausage Dip
1 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 small can of Rotel Green Chili's
1lb. of Jimmy Dean Sausage, original for regular spice, or hot for spicy dip.
*Brown Jimmy Dean Sausage in frying pan until no longer pink. Drain grease.
*Add sausage, cream cheese and Rotel to medium crock pot and mix together.
*Let sit for a couple hours to merge flavors together.
*Serve with Fritos chips.
*Recipe serves 4-6 people, double recipe if needed.
More recipes to come in next weeks blog. Do you have any recipes for the Super Bowl that you'd like to share?