background

3/21/12

Spring Break

My family and I are taking a road trip to Florida next week for spring break. I'm actually really excited because I've never seen the Gulf of Mexico before. I've heard it's beautiful, the only thing I'm worried about is the long car drive down there.

It's 22 hours to Panama City Beach and I know it's going to feel like forever. There will be plenty of pit stops on the way, but we're going to try to travel the full 22 hours without stopping to sleep. My back will be killing me, sitting for that long. I found this Memory Foam Back and Seat Cushion, I'm hoping it'll help.

We rented this condo right on the beach so we'll be next to the water the whole time. It'll be amazing, but I'm a little nervous for my son, who has really fair skin. I purchased this umbrella and shipped it down there so it'll be there when we get there. I can set it up on the beach with his beach toys and let him play in the shade, hopefully keep him from the blistering sun for part of the time.

I know we'll relax on the beach a lot, but I'm sure we'll do plenty of walking and site seeing as well. It'll be nice to finally put on shorts, sunglasses and sandals and just get away from reality. Even though it's been nice in Minnesota lately, there's nothing like a good vacation.

Are you going anywhere for spring break?

No comments:

Post a Comment