background

6/12/12

Run. Run. Run.

This weekend I am running my first race. I am very excited but a little nervous too. It's one of the largest races in Minnesota and since I'm a rookie, I'm wondering if I'll have enough training and all the right materials to make it to the finish line.

I got myself a great pair of shoes. They are New Balance brand so I know they'll be comfortable and will keep my feet dry and cool during the run. I know that if I get too tried I can always walk.

I just need to make sure I keep my pace. I got this Speed and Distance Heart Rate Watch to make sure I'm not running too fast and over working myself. It tells me my time, distance, and heart rate. It even has an alarm that will notify me if I go above my target range.

I've been training for several month on my treadmill at home, and when the weather is nice I try to run outdoors. I figure as long as I can run for 30 minutes straight I should be able to finish the 5K in no time. Even if I walk a little, I can usually finish in under 40 minutes.

It'll be a fun experience and this year they're even allowing the runners to wear earphones, so I can bring my new MP3 Player. Listening to music always helps me run, and this player even fits in the palm of my hand so holding it wont be a problem.

Exactly 4 days until the run, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment