background

5/10/12

Fun things to do with mom

Mother's Day is Sunday and I have a great day planned with my mom. That got me to thinking, what does everyone else do with their mom on Mother's Day? There's so many exciting things to do around Minnesota, especially considering it's fishing opener and it's supposed to be beautiful outside.

I'm taking my mom to the Twins game. She's never been to Target Field and I can't wait to see her reaction, the stadium is just amazing. Since our seats are far away I'm bring my binoculars just to make sure mom gets to see Joe Mauer close up. It's supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny so I'm making sure we have our hats on and I have my sunglasses. I can't wait, hopefully the Twins can pull out a win.

My friend is going fishing with her mom. They're renting a pontoon for the day and just enjoying the weather. I told her to make sure she brings some good tackle because with all those boats on the lake I'm not sure how much fish she's going to catch.

My husbands mom works on Mother's Day, unfortunately, but all she wanted from him was to make sure her yard was looking nice when she got home. So he got some grass seed  and good sprinkler, he's just going to mow the lawn, they the seed and water the grass to make sure it's nice and fresh by the time she gets home.  

You don't need to do a whole lot with your mom on Mother's Day to make sure she knows she's appreciated. Take a walk with her, cook her some dinner, or just give her a nice piece of jewelry that she'll love. A little gift goes along way.

Happy Mother's Day from Heartland America to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment